Monday, May 26, 2008

What a Day!

Hello Everyone, Thanks for all of the lovely comments and phone calls. It has really helped me push forward. Last night was a very stressful night. After Jess, Chris, Deb, Celia and Norm left, I got ready for bed and as I had done two sets of excersizes I was feeling very tired and ready for a good night sleep. So I was all tucked in at 9:30 and sleeping like a baby when at 1:30 pm I woke up to a night nurse's flashlight glaring at me and the nurse calling out "Oh my God, she's bleeding to death". Very unprofessional, I would say. I felt perfectly fine and wondered what was going on. The IV needle had gotten dislodged and poked me thus the combinaion of blood and IV fluid was leaking onto the floor, the linens and the cushion. Not a pleasant sight. He called for support staff, asked me to raise up my arm and proceeded to clean things up and assess the situation. Fortunately all was fine and I was not dying and all was fine. But of course falling back to sleep was difficult so I dozed off for an hour hear and an hour there and was finally wide awake with a headache to boot at 5:oo pm. The morning was rough. I felt weak and headachey and my knees were sooooo sore.

At noon, things started rolling. I was packed up and taken to the 7th floor, the rehab floor, offered a delicious lunch, sent for exrays, both standing up and lying down xrays and learned to use the low regular walker. When I returned to the room the physiotherapist was waiting form me and took be off to the gym immediately. By 4:00 I was wiped. Supper came at 5:00 and I wasn't very hungry at all. It seems that I can only stomach fruits and vegetables. I am bound to win the Biggest Loser Neuman Edition. Unfortunately I could not participate in today's weigh in. Mayb next week. I should be going home on Saturday or Sunday depending on how this week goes.

I am dreading the night. I hope I have a much less eventful night that last night and do not have exhasution and a head ache tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Until next time.

Love, Marilyn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,
Looking good! Pat & I just watched "The Walk" Can't wait for the sequel. Have a peaceful night, rest well. You're getting better every day.
Love, Iro

Anonymous said...

Wowsa, wowsa, Marilyn, you're lookin' GREAT! We are thrilled and so impressed by your progress -- makes Canadian medicine look good!
You and Ted will have to compare notes...
Keep up the good work, and the two of you will soon be dancing.
Love from New York,
judy (cohen)

Unknown said...

Looking great

Anonymous said...

Hi Mar,

Scary night! But you are doing amazingly well. I love how you are walking. You are on your way to recovery! I am going to Marlene's grad today and am very excited. Speak to you soon.

Shari

Rick Neuman said...

Hey mom, sorry I forgot my bag in your room! I'm going to swing by after work to visit and pick it up. Want me to bring anything? Leave me a message if you do!

See you later,
Rick