Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Last Day

Well today was a whirlwind of a day, trying to get last minute messages and important stuff done at work and trying not to think about tomorrow.

It is 11:00 p.m. and I am packing for my 10 days in the hospital. I got a call from the hospital today letting me know that my surgery is at 7:30 in the morning, the first one of the day. That suits me as I can only assume all the staff will be well rested and in top form.

Chris, Jess and I went to an info session this morning and met with other patients. We were given information to prepare us for what is to come. It was very thorough and there was even a volunteer who had had both knees done last year at this time and had nothing negative to say about the procedure, the staff, the hospital and the outcome. The only negative I can think of is that I may lose have of my blood and need a blood transfusion. Jess offered to be a donor but that is not allowed so I am at the mercy of the Red Cross - very low risk they say. As a result the most difficult aspect of the surgery is the exhaustion. Apparently the pain meds and the lack of arthritis pain make the healing pain seem like nothing at all. So I am geared up and ready to go.

I will just through my belongings into my bag and get to bed so as not too be too exhausted before the actual exhaustion sets in.

Thank you to everyone - family, friends, and daycare staff for all your good wishes. I know you are all there thinking about me tomorrow and it certainly will give me strength. I am sure to be in touch very shortly.

Could you believe the little David did not win American Idol. What a disappointment! What can you do.

Jessica will be logging on to keep you up to date for the next few days. I am sure she will keep you well informed. No gorey photos Jess, please.

Until next time. Here I go on my new journey - excersize, excersize and more excersize.

Marilyn

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Good luck Mom! we're all thinking of you and know you'll be better than ever once you get this done!!!

Rick Neuman said...

Good luck mums! I know you'll be running around in no time!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Marilyn!

Wishing you a speedy and peaceful recovery :) Think of all the daytime tv you'll be able to catch up on!! And a book to recommend, that I'm sure Jess would also recommend for you if you haven't read it yet: The Time Traveller's Wife. It's a goody!