Monday, May 19, 2008

Surprise!

After a day of satisfying work, getting all caught up and ready for my departure, I picked up Jess and headed home for what I thought was a family BBQ. Yesterday we bought delicious looking sirloin grilling steaks and our first corn on the cobs for the season and I was so looking forward to it. "Pick up tomatoes on the way home" was Chris's request to make his favourite Tomato Salad so off to Longo's we went.

Arriving at home I declared "I hope Rick and Carina didn't take my parking spot" and lo and behold a red camry was in that very spot. "Hmmm, I didn't realize that Ana was coming tonight - maybe there is a surprise happening". But I didn't really expect a gang. Hmmm, Anne, Shari, Lynda, Lydia, Nathan, Arnold - "this is a surprise party? For what - Oh, my surgery - I am really having surgery! - It's a reality. Who ever heard of a going to the hospital surprise party? At first the reality put me into a sombre mood but then I put that behind me and enjoyed a nice buffet dinner in my own house with all our favourite friends - oh yeah Oleg and Nikki from Montreal, Marcia and Gary, Glenda and lastly Michael and Josh and a phone call from Ted in Buffalo - and no cleaning up, preparing and exhaustion of being on my feet all day.

Thank's Chris. You are the best husband! Apparently he has been planning this since the day I announced I was having surgery three weeks ago, and no one let on. I had absolutely no clue. I'm the one usually trying to keep a secret from my staff for Staff Appreciation Day. This time the secret was on me. Well done everyone. Thanks so much for being there. It gives me more courage knowing all my friends are going to be rooting for me on Thursday.

So it looks like there are small benefits to going under the knife. I am sooooo looking forward to the other benefits - being able to take a walk without pain. Yeah.....in about one month from now, I should be feeling the benefits. I can't wait.

Until next time.

Marilyn

2 comments:

Chris said...

Yesterday was a great day. I am glad you went to the office as it gave me time to clean up and prepare for allour frinds to come by to say Hi and Goodluck to you.
Glad you enjoyed the party.

Chris

Unknown said...

Hi Marilyn,
Our prayers and best wishes are being sent to you for a most successful surgery and a speedy recovery. We will follow your progress on the blog.
Beatrice and Lew