Saturday, May 24, 2008

Morning of Day 3

It's 9 o'clock in the morning on day 3 and things are going downhill daily.

Yesterday was nausea and today is fever. So, to make sure the fever's not serious, they are doing urine samples, blood samples, and chest x-ray.

My knees are not painful when I just lie still but when I try to move.... well, let's just say they are not comfortable.

Yesterday afternoon my doctor came and took off the bandages because she was too busy to come today. Usually it's on day three when they do that. It was very stingy when they swabbed it with alcohol. Then she put a long bandage on the top of my legs. Then the nurse came and with a less than gentle touch she pulled some tight socks up over my knees.

Nothing much else happened yesterday afternoon. I had a visit from Carina and Chris stayed until... oh wait... I have no idea. I lost track of time. I just called him and he left at 7:30 and then I watched TV and went on the computer until I went to sleep probably around 9.

I woke up at about 3 and stayed up for a little while before falling asleep again until around 6. The night nurse wasn't smiley or pleasant at all. You could see she was going through motions without really caring. My day nurse is much better.

Today the physio will come and hopefully I will actually walk. Jess is here now, Chris is coming around lunch and I think Rick is coming in the afternoon. Visitors are always nice to have and are a good distraction.

Today they're also going to take out the epidural and the oxygen and yesterday they took out the catheter... so slowly but surely I'll be on my own in this. Let's hope bed pans aren't as bad as they sound. I am determined to walk today so that I can make their use unnecessary.

That's all for now! Until next time...

Marilyn

No comments: