Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Only 9 days to go until the surgery. My life is really too busy to worry about it, but every now and then I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I imagine the idea of lieing there awake listening to the sawing and vibrations of bones and ligaments being broken, torn and repaired. I, however, also have visions of being very strong and determined and taking on the challenge after a few pampering the restful days after surgery.

My cousin Ricki wrote to me from Las Vegas where she lives and warned me of how much I may love being off work. It is true that it is summer time and the hectic and busy schedule of the daycare centre will behind me for a while. Even with the pain and daily physio, I will also try to take advantage of the nice weather, some good reading and daytime television to help pass the time go by. I cannot imagine being stuck in the house for too long. I will not be able to drive for several weeks as well so getting better will definately be the goal for summer 2008.

Any suggestions of good books to tackle during the summer? I am open to suggestions. What is your favourite most current book? I am always too tired at the end of a work day to read, so hopefully this summer will be a good time to catch up on some good reading.

Thank you to those of you who did respond to my blog announcement. I know communicating with you will make the recovery go by more quickly. When I get Jessica to help me figure out how to use our digital camera and post photos, I will add them to the blog as well.

Until next time.

Marilyn

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi mom, nice job blogging on your own! You're a real techno-whiz!

Don't worry, your kids will be around to help you enjoy the summer. Maybe you and Dad should rent a cottage for a month and go spend some time in nature. I'd be happy to join you...

As for books, I'll lend you a really great one called "The Time Traveller's Wife." It'll knock your socks off if you can get through it!

Lots o' love,

J.

Marilyn said...

Thanks Jess. I will be happy to borrow that book. You are always welcome to come to our cottage - right in our own backyard. Mom