Saturday, May 17, 2008

Time is of the Essence

Whew! A long weekend to get ready for next Thursday. There seems like so much to do and not enough time to get it done before I am unable to walk, drive, do housework, cook, clean, do laundry etc. etc. Poor Chris. It must be scarey for him to think of all the things he will be doing while I am incapacitated.

We made a list and got going early. Raised toilet seat, a long handled picker upper thing, groceries, flowers for the garden, cushions for the patio chairs, exchange the watch Jess and Chris picked out for Mother's Day, laundry, cleaners, ironing, hair dresser, the Bay for short nighties (which I couldn't find), and on and on it went. We got most of it done, thank goodness. I am feeling more ready and less stressed. Tomorrow I am off to work to finish up the last few things and be ready to leave with a clear head. Then I will finish off the weekend with ironing, ironing and more ironing. I don't understand how so many people I know are happy with just drying and shaking and hanging out their shirts. It just doesn't do it for me.

Tormorrow our wonderful children will help us empty the living room and dining room to prepare for the floor repair. Getting ready for surgery does not seem so bad when the end goal is getting read for a wedding. That's wonderful motivation! Thanks Carina and Rick. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Only 4 more days. My knees were so sore today, I can hardly wait. The pain of healing must be well worth it, knowing the arthritic pain will be behind me.

Until Next time.

Marilyn

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hi Mom,

Sounds like a busy day yesterday!

I'm impressed with your blog entries and it's only just begun! Keep it up!! :)