Thursday, May 15, 2008

A dry run

Today I had a dry run in preparation for my surgery. It was not planned but when at the dentist last Saturday for my regular visit and cleaning, I found out that after 57 years I have the first cavity I have every had. I couldn't believe it. So this evening I went to have it filled. First the freezing needle which felt much worse than I had expected. "Just a little pressure" RIGHT! Then the drilling. I imaginged myself being on the operating table frozen from the waste down and listening to the drilling, hammering and sawing going on and figured this was good practise. It is all done and the freezing is wearing off and I survived my first and hopefully last filling. I have always dreaded this day. Instead of my children asking me "Does it hurt to have a tooth filled?", I was asking them how it felt. That's role reversal for you. I am fine now.

Today was a very good day because I had the opportunity to train my clerical assistant in all the areas of my job which she will be responsible for, worked with my bookkeeper and showed her where to find all my files and info and hired a part time Supervisor to support the staff during my absence. On Monday I met with my two designate teachers who will also have a role in overseeing the smooth running of the centre so with this excellent team in place I can now relax and get well. Imagine, it will take 5 people to do the job I do on my own. What's wrong with this picutre.

Only 6 more days to go of which only 3 are work days. My next big job is to clean up my office so that my team of 5 can actually find what they need and get the job done. It looks like I might have to come in on the weekend to make sure it is all done. It is supposed to be a rainy long weekend, so nothing lost. I will be spending lots fo time resting on our deck in hopefully sunny weather so I can accept a rainy weekend.

Until next time.
Marilyn

No comments: