Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 2

Hi everyone,

Last night I slept like a baby from about 9:30 with several interruptions from the nurse who came in to check my vital signs.

Today I woke up at 6:00 and my legs felt like stones. My feet feel like they're wrapped up, or like there's an elastic around each foot. This, I have been told, is the beginning of swelling.

At 8:00 I ate some breakfast of half of a muffin and some skim milk and then when I tried to sit up my blood pressure dropped and I got sick. :( Soon after the physiotherapist and her assistant came by with a high walker but because I got sick sitting up, we only got as far as hanging my legs over the side of the bed. It was very painful.

They've been asking me to rate my pain on a scale of 1 to 10 and it's been 5 or 6 so far today.

I then got extremely sleepy and slept through most of my visit from Shari and Jess, and by the time Debbie and Chris arrived I was feeling more alert.

I did manage to keep down a small chocolate and a freezie, at least for now, and I'm no longer dictating this post to Jess because I've fallen asleep...

Until next time,

Marilyn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Our warmest wishes are with you and soon you'll be walking though the wild flowers once again... ... well either that or taking the dogs out for a walk.

Best wishes: Bob and Anne Lavoie

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,
Glad to see the surgery went well. It sounds like you are in good spirit. Keep it up and before you know it you will be home....pain free!!!
All the best Danielito, Jossette and Oscar

Marilyn said...

Thanks Jossette, Oscar and Danielito. Very nice to hear from you. Hopefully today I will walk. Yesterday I was too week and nautious. The epidural comes out at noon today and oral pain killers begin. I certainly do not feel as well as I did the first day after surgery. I think my kness are now saying "what happened here". Only time will tell.