Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Very Busy Day

Yesterday was a very busy day. While Chris went to fitness, I did my excersizes.

Although I had decided to cut out some of my pain medication, we thought we would try to do some shopping for our Father's Day BBQ happening today.
We also needed a new umbrella for our deck as ours is very old and torn.

So off we went to the cleaners, bank, Gracious Living for the umbrella and off to Loblaws for groceries. I was amazed at how well I was able to walk and get in and out of the car, even with less pain medication. As the day progressed I definately felt more pain but it was not unbearable. We got home at about 3:00 and I was ready to crash. I iced my knees and had a little nap. We had a dinner date with our friends Marion and Emile and one distinct side effect of less pain med was probably the increased pain affected my appetite. I could barely eat any of my meal which is one thing I did noticed in the hospital. Nothing lost. I took home my meal and have a yummy pasta lunch waiting from me in the fridge.

Today, Emilio, Carina's dad, her brother and sister, Carina, Rick, and Jess are coming over for a Father's Day BBQ. I think I will take my usual pain med so I don't run into the same problem as yesterday. It is clear that if I want to do my excersize, I must continue my pain meds. As I cannot drive for six weeks after surgery (3 1/2 more weeks), it seems appropriate to continue the narcotics. After the six week period, I will want to drive and will probably then find it more important to wean off the meds. Hopefully I am able to. We shall see.

Time for my excersize.

Until tomorrow.

Marilyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,
I'm thrilled to hear of your progress. Happy Father's Day to all the Dads. Have a great BBQ.
Love,
Iro