Friday, June 6, 2008

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was a typical day. Howerver, I did find that I was becoming more independant and was able to make my own meals and participate in the clean up as Chris had a meeting in the morning and my friend Lydia, couldn't make it after all.

I still hadn't arranged for a physiotherapist so I decided that today was the day. I went back to my list of physios in the area from the Ontario Assoc. of Physiotherapists and called the second one on the list. This time I got a real voice and was able to make a 3:00 appt. for that day so that was very satisfying.

I did my excersizes in the morning, rested, had lunch, rested in anticipation of doing more excersizes in the afternoon. This would be the first day that I do two sets of excersize in one day. Hopefully it won't be too challenging.

Chris got home at 2:00 giving us more than enough time to get to the physio on Highway 7 between Bayview and Leslie - perfect - not too far and not too close. The physio was very thorough and did a total assessment and was very complementary of the neat job my surgeon had done. He said he can get started immediately and suggested 3 x weekly for the first few weeks until I am more mobile and then more excersize at home than at the rehab. He has an assistant and a kinesth......., not sure of the spelling. But they worked well as a team and broke down the excersizes into smaller groups. They suggested that I do not do anything that hurts, but that I stretch as much as possible to challenge the muscles and stop when it hurts. This makes a lot more sense that exhausting yourself so that you are unable to move for the rest of the day. She sent me home with four excersizes to do between Friday and Monday and set me up with three appts. for next week - M, W and F. She said that I should be doing three sets of the four excersizes each day so I have my work cut out for me for the weekend. Finally a goal that is achievable.

We got home, Chris made a BBQ and fortunately my appetite is still not where it was so I ate small portions and am not gaining back my weight, relaxed a bit and got ready for bed.

I now feel motivated to get into my reading regimn. I will start with the book that Jess and Wendy recommended and continue from there. Any good book suggestions?

Today Jess is coming up to spend the afternoon with me. We may go for a pedicure and to the hairdresser. I can't reach my toes so a pedicure seems appropriate.

On Sunday Chris and I will be celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary so we plan to go out for dinner tomorrow to celebrate. Sometime over the weekend, it will be time to put all the stuff back in the dining room breakfront and hand up all the pictures in the livingroom and diningroom.

Only 3 more months to Carina and Rick's Wedding. I guess it will soon be time to get the invitations going. My how time toes by. I really hope I will be up to dancing at the wedding. We shall see.

Until later,

Marilyn

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds like a good excuse as any for BOTH of us to have a pedicure.. :)

I'm glad you found a physio that you seem to like so far. Go, go, go!