Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Hi Everyone,

Finally I am taking the time to tell you all about yesterday, Father's Day. I don't know where the time goes, but yesterday just zipped by. We had made arrangements to have a Father's Day BBQ for Carina's family and ours so we started off the day by first getting my excersizes out of the way as I knew it would be a busy afternoon with everyone arriving at 5:00 p.m.

Jess, Carina and Rick arrived early to help out with the preparation, getting the house tidied up and setting up for the BBQ. They were a great help and Carina was my physiotherapist for my second set of excersizes by pushing my legs in as far as I could tolerate ten times on each leg and then helping me stretch them straight also ten times each. Chris, Rick and Jess went out shopping and Carina and I took the opportunity to nap while they were out. When they returned we had one hour to get all the food ready and the table set and we certainly were a great team. I could not have done it without them.

We had a lovely BBQ and enjoyed some delicious cakes for dessert and chatted away after having to come in due to heavy rain and wind that started just as we were about to have dessert.

It was a very nice Father's Day. Thanks Rick, Carina and Jess for helping out so much and thanks Emilio, Alex and Marcela for joining us. We had a great time.

More about today later.

Marilyn

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You should have seen her walking around doing things! It was better than pre-op at only 3.5 weeks! Truly amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,
So good to read about the wonderful Father's day you enjoyed with your combined family. You're lucky to have such a wonderful supportive family...but then again, it's not luck. If this is what your doing at 3.5 weeks, imagine 3.5 months!
Love, Iro