Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back to Physio and off to Montreal

Today was a run of the mill day. I got up, had breakfast, did my excersize, rested, had lunch, rested and then went downtown to visit Jess for dinner.

On our way we stopped off at the daycare as Natasha had let me know that there was something my daughter could pick up for me , but since I was right there, I picked it up and was happy to see Ashley, Shanna and Danielle and a few of the parents. The teachers put together a beautiful basket full of chocolates, candies, cookies, crackers, soups, etc. etc. etc. What a lovely idea. So much for my diet, but I definately saw a trend towards whole grain and a healthy effort. Thanks so much to all of the Life-Bridge staff. That was really so thoughtful and I will think of you all as I much my way through all the yummy treats. I just enjoyed a yummy score bar.

After that we strolled over to Jess's place and she served us a lovely dinner of chilli and salad and fruit for dessert. We had a lovely time, chatting, sitting on the porch, watching TV and finally got tired and were on our way.

Tomorrow it is off to physio in the morning, the hair dresser at noon and then packing to get ready for our trip to Montreal on Friday. We were not supposed to go last weekend, but due to the funeral it turns out we are in Montreal two week ends in a row. We will be going with my father to the notary to finalize my mother's transfer of property and then on Saturday we are going to Chris's high school reunion in St Jean, Quebec. We will have to leave early as we do not have Jess to share the driving so we will have to stop to let Chris have a snooze half way there.

Next Wednesday I see my surgeon and will find out when and how to wean off the pain meds.

Until next time. How about some comments from all of my viewers. I am wondering if anyone other than Jess, Chris and Iro are reading my blog. Look foward to hearing from you.

Marilyn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,
I've been reading your blog all along and am really excited about your recovery. I thought the clip of you walking three weeks after the surgery was amazing.
Love to all,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi there!!!! I read you blog every day and thought the one you wrote about Auntie Ethel was just beautiful. It made me cry for all of you. Both losses mean a lot to me. I wish I could have been there for Ethels also.I am now looking forward to seeing you all in Toronto.Just keep up the good work, Exercise!!! Love to you all..Yvette

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy and Yvette, Thanks for your comments. I am glad you are enjoying my blog. It appears that there are a lot more people looking at my blog, but perhaps don't know how to send back a comment. For those of you who do not want to register, just click on comments, write your comment, then copy the letters shown in the box and click on anonymous so you do not have to register. Just remember to sign when you write your comment so I can tell who wrote the comment.

We are off to Montreal in about an hour. I will write while away. Have nice weekend everyone. It is a long one for Canada thisweekend and a long one of the US next weekend. Have fun.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn!

Just a note to say that I'm periodically checking in here...looks like you're progressing very nicely. Good luck with weaning off the pain meds!

Wendy