Monday, June 9, 2008

Sunday not much better than Saturday

Another off day. I was so enthusiastic about doing my physio three times daily. I had made that committment to myself last Friday and unfortunately the weekend put me right off schedule. Although yesterday started off nicely with breakfast, meds and my first round of excersizes, it finished off with a massive headache and a long sleep from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. I am feeling much better this morning, thank goodness.

I am not sure if it is the medication or my change in diet that brings on evening headaches periodically, but it certainly hit me hard yesterday and did not enable me to do my last two rounds of excersize.

We had a lovely lunch date with Lydia and Arnold yesterday, went to Moxies just north of Hwy 7, which is very lovely by the way. On our way home, Chris and I decided we needed a little change of scenery so we went off to the Pacific Mall and walked around a bit. When we got home we had a lovely visit from Anne, Shari's mom and then, with all good intentions I started icing my knees to prepare for my second round a excersizes but ended up falling asleep and waking up with a headache which led to more sleep and a worse headache and no appetite at all. I went up to bed at 9:00 and slept until this morning.

How do my knees feel, you are probably wondering. Like there are two cement blocks stuck in the middle of each leg. My feet still are numb and tingly and although I am pleased with my mobility, I wish my knees would lighten up and that I could bend them more. I am feeling frustrated and wish I could walk normally. I will have to be patient and hope that the physio does help. I am now off to my first set of excersizes and it is 7:15 a.m. At 9:00 I will go to physio when I will do my second set of physio. I am then off to the doctor for a blood test to ensure that the blood thinners are doing their job adequately. So today, I am hopeful that I will do 3 sets of excersizes and eat properly. Hopefully it will be a better day.

Until tonight,

Marilyn

No comments: