Sunday, June 8, 2008

A busy Saturday

Today, being Saturday, put me off my regular schedule.

We were honoured by the Rabbi to come up for an aliya in honour of our 33rd Wedding Anniversary. We had to be there by 9:00 so that I could practise what had to be said as Chris has no training whatsoever and no desire to read from the Torah. I had never been called up to the Torah as when I was growing up I went to an Orthodox synagogue so women were not given equal priviledges to men, which I actually did not mind at all at the time. Rick and Carina came at around 10:00 just before we were called up. We somehow fumbled through the short lines required and the Rabbi then made a special get well announcement about my two new knees, just implanted two weeks ago. He actually forgot to mention the Anniversary at all. Oh well. It was all very nice and everyone was very supportive of my bravery and my progress.

We went home for lunch and got ready for Chris to go to fitness. I decided to join him as I had not seen Carol, our personal trainer, in several weeks and thought it would be nice to catch up and watch Chris do his routine. While Chris did his thing, we chatted until I finally fell asleep. Once again, I had missed my morning nap and was drained.

We got back home at 4:30 and I went directly to bed. Chris did the laundry and grocery routine and I did not wake up until 7:30. Boy I hope I sleep tonight.

We got ready to go out for an Anniversary Dinner. We went to the Keg and totally enjoyed the outing. The surprising thing is that we brought home half of what we ordered. It is amazing how our appetites are not the way the used to be. We now have lunch for tomorrow awaiting us.

We watched a bit of TV. I did some of my excersizes while Chris did some work and now it is time to hit the sack.

I would consider today a typical weekend day, not to mention the exhaustion and the total knee stiffness. Tomorrow I must go back to doing my excersizes 3 times again or on Monday, I will be tortured at physio. Today I eliminated one of the pain killers. It seems that the pain is moving more towards a heavy, stiff feeling and hopefully I will no longer need so much heavy pain medication. I will see how it goes tomorrow doing the excersizes without the pain meds.

Until Tomorrow.

Marilyn

No comments: