Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Third Day at Home

I'm back. I took a little break yesterday as I was not feeling too well last night, headache, weak and tired. I went to bed by 10:00 and slept well again and woke up feeling much better in the morning. So I took advantage of getting an early start to the day, took my pain meds and was ready for hard core physio at 7:30 a.m. I am clearly paying for it now. I fell asleep at 10:00 and woke up at about noon feeling awful, tight, hot legs and aching in my left knee. I thought nothing of it as this is how I felt after the physio put me through the ringer in the hospital so I rested and drank lots of water. When Chris came back from a meeting, he made me a yummy bowl of chicken noodle soup which is all I really could stomach.

At two we went off to the doctor to have my ira (blood consistency) taken. I shared some of my other concerns with the doctor ie numb tingling feet and toes and she is sending me to a neurologist. After leaving the doctor, Chris picked up some strawberries, cherries and grapes at a local fruit stand next to the doctor's office. Fruit is one of the few things I can eat right now. On our way home from the doctor I started to feel a tightness in my left calf and some risidual pain in the inner side of my left knee probably from the excersize. Of course I immediately think of the worse case senario (blood clot). The doctor had told me that if I get extremem chest pain or calf pain I should go immediately to the hospital as this is a common serious occurence after bilateral knee replacement. The question is "Is this severe or not?" I really do not know. I called back the doctor and am still waiting for her to call me back. Clearly she does not take these phone calls too seriously.

Just arriving home, I got a sick feeling in my stomach and I won't tell you the rest of that. I will leave it up to your imagination, but will tell you I now feel much better. I trekked up the stairs to my personal raised toilet and decided to write in my blog before going back down as I do feel a lot better right now.

Tonight Jess is playing in the band at the Leah Poslun's Theatre at 7:30. We are meeting Carina and Rick there so hopefully I will do fine and enjoy the show. It is now time for some cherries and a rest to get ready for my first official outing. I hope it works out o.k.

Until tomorrow and hopefully a better day.

Marilyn

No comments: