Monday, July 21, 2008

Off the Meds and Feeling Stiff

So now I am totally off the narcotis and feeling a lot better. I have no more of the hot and cold spells, headaches or other awful feelings. My only problem is that my toes are very sore, my knees are quite stiff and my feet vary in feelings - sometimes numb and tingly, sometimes pins and needles and sometimes fine.

I went to work today without my cane and felt quite stable and actually found myself walking straighter rather than limping. My right knee still has a kink in it on the right outer side. If I don't see improvement in the next 3 weeks, I will contact the surgeon. My right knee still has a tightness in the back of the knee which only bothers me when I go down stairs.

So only time will tell. I am getting somewhat impatient.

Tonight rather than taking my tylenol arthritis every 8 hours and waking up in the middle of the night needing more, I have pushed my 7:00 dose off to 9:30 and hopefully will get through the night and take two before work to get me through the day thus reducing it to twice daily rather than three times daily. I hope I can cope well with this.

As you can see I am really anxious to be totally mended and out of the woods, but I fear that when I am finally comfortable with my knees another site will cause enough discomfort to push me to another procedure. Today it is my toes and my right hip that are quite sore. I hope this is just because I am newly off the stronger meds. Only time will tell.

Until next time.

Marilyn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JUST KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! THE BEST IS YET TO COME.....LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON...YVETTE

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,

Just caught up with your blog again after a hiatus. I think you're headed in the right direction. Weaning off pain killers is certainly difficult, but I know you can do it. It is a matter of time and you will get there. Be proud of yourself!
Love, Iro